My Flickr Photos


Created with flickr slideshow.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Greetings from Failure to Thrive (The Gray Child)


I just love discovering new places in SL, especially artfully designed places that have a message or some type of artistic value.  This I found in Failure to Thrive (The Gray Child), a wonderful sim where I chose to take these photos.


I didn't come here with a fashion shoot in mind, but the beauty of the place was just calling out for me to photograph it.  So this blog entry is as much about the place as it is the fashions.


Sometimes you go to visit a sim in SL and you pick up a "vibe" from it that either makes you want to explore it more or simply TP away from it.  This one drew me in and inspired the series of photos I am sharing here.


This sim looks just amazing in the default windlight setting but if you play around with other windlight settings you can create a totally different mood if you desire.


The skies themselves are just as breathtaking as the surface of the sim so I had to include some good sky shots too :-)


I named these photos the "pensive" series because the poses make me feel like I was lost in reverie and enjoying the ambiance of such a surreal yet magical place.


It was a delight to photograph here and I hope to get back soon for some more, there are some wonderful props here and the mood is so surreal like being in another world... most mesmerizing.

Styling Notes:

Shape my own
Skin Glam Affair Marta in Jamaica shade
Calpurnia headpiece by Astralia
Jewelry by Meva
Dress by Baiastice
Eyeliner by Oceane
Shoes "Enchained" by N-Core