My Flickr Photos


Created with flickr slideshow.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Perusing Purple & Frida Kahlo



I just love a good group gift, and this one is from Virtual Diva Couture, a fantastic store I recently discovered thanks to my love and adoration for the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.  First things first though, I want to talk about this amazing group gift.  This mesh gown is available in several colors in the store, and this purple one is a group gift, but all the colors are just stunning.


I love how the collar frames the face so nicely and the mesh texture is so intricately shaded.  It has a fabulous fit on also.  The name of this one is the Royal gown in grape.


Now back to Frida!  In the mid-90's sometime I read a very in depth article in Vanity Fair magazine about the new book "The Diary of Frida Kahlo" that was being released at that time.  Of course after reading the story in the magazine, I had to run out and purchase the diary, which I still have now as one of my most treasured volumes on this magnificent yet haunted Mexican painter.

I have always admired Frida not only for her art, but for her inner strength in the face of serious health issues and relationship troubles with her husband mural painter Diego Rivera.  Once I began reading about her, I couldn't stop!  So when I saw this totally artistic gown at Virtual Diva, I had to purchase it in two color ways.  It's one I will wear time and time again, it's SOOOO couture!  The name of this one is The Frida gown in Lace White.

What I'm wearing:
Amacci hair Tina-black coal
Maitreya Lara mesh body and hands/feet
Esode skin Avery in the Peach tone
Seahorse necklace and earring set by Donna Flora (gemchange)
Ikon Sunrise eyes in Pale Absinthe
Izzie's Autumn eyeshadow in plum
Izzie's Shay lipstick for caramel skin (Peach)
Gaeline eyeliner version one Black
Tintable roses hair wreath by Caverna Obscura